External Job Applicants
Washington University’s 24-hour online employment system allows you to create and edit your application; apply for jobs and monitor their status; and attach cover letters, resumes, and additional supporting documentation for each job you apply to.
All applications must be submitted through the online system for consideration; paper applications or resumes will not be accepted. If you need assistance with the online application or computer access, please contact or visit us.
Searching for Jobs at the School of Medicine
- Start your search at https://jobs.wustl.edu.
- To create an acount, click "Register Now." Take care to note your case-sensitive username and password. You may log in and edit your saved application at any time, but submitted applications cannot be altered.
- Search for Jobs. You can search for jobs by keyword, or click Advanced Search for additional fields. To see all open
positions, click “Search” without entering any search terms. To view a job description, click on the blue job title link for the position that interests you.
- Apply for Jobs. You must apply to each specific position that interests you in order to be considered for the job. From the job description page, click the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of the page. If you have already saved an online application, you can log in, and you will then be given the option to edit or update your application and answer any supplemental questions before submitting the application. If you have not yet registered for an account or completed an online application, you will need to do so in order to apply.
- Save and Return. You may save your application without applying at any time by clicking Save at the top of the form. To return to a saved application, log into the system, click “My Career Tools” at the top, select Applications, then select the position you are applying to. Any incomplete applications will show a status of “Not Applied.”
- Confirm Submission. To confirm successful submission of your application, go to My Career Tools and click "Applications." There you will see the number of applications you have submitted, with “applied” as the status for all those successfully transmitted to the Employment Office.
- View or Edit Existing Application. You may view or edit your existing application prior to applying for each specific job.
- Apply for Additional Positions. In order to be considered for a position, you must apply to that specific position, even if you must submit an application multiple times.
- Log Out. Be sure to log out every time you leave the system so your information remains secure. You will be able to log in again with the username and password you created.
If you need assistance with the online application or computer access, please contact or visit us.
Tips for Searching and Applying for Jobs at Washington University
In order to maximize your search results:
- View all open postings by leaving the Keyword search field blank, selecting “Anytime” from the dropdown menu in the Posted field, and clicking on the Search button.
- Conduct a basic keyword search by entering terms specific to your area of interest in the Keyword field. The system will return any requisitions that include your search term within the job title or the text of the job posting. EXAMPLE: “accounting” or “research”
- When searching by job title, enter your criteria in the Keyword field. Use as general a term as possible, or provide only a portion of the known title with an asterisk notation (click on the blue “Search Tips” link for additional notation and abbreviation information). The system will only return exact matches to the criteria entered, and in some cases titles may be abbreviated due to space limitations. EXAMPLE: “admin*” or “administrative,” not “administrative assistant to the executive vice chancellor”
- Utilize the Keyword field to enter a job posting ID number or a portion of the job title. Alternatively, simply view all open positions and click on the ID# column header to sort requisition numbers of your search results numerically.
- Using the Advanced Search feature, focus your search on positions within a particular campus or school by selecting the corresponding area from the dropdown Location menu.
- Use the Advanced Search options located under the Find Jobs Posted Within or Display Results Sorted By menus to streamline and organize your search results for more efficient viewing.